Have you ever heard of such a thing called lectin? If not, well to inform you, lectins are naturally occurring substances that can be found in animals and plants. It is a type of protein that can be helpful, however it can also be toxic to humans. These lectin toxins can cause problems in our digestive system giving rise to symptoms such as leaky gut, bloating, fatigue, and uncontrollable food cravings leading to weight gain etc.
Lectin Shield gives an aid to this problem. In this Lectin Shield Review, we will check out the quality, essence and overall efficiency of this product and if it is a true remedy for problems caused by harmful lectins.
What you should know about Lectin Shield
Lectin Shield is an all-natural dietary supplement that gives protection from toxic lectins and reverses the complications it causes on the digestive system. It works by inhibiting the overload of lectins and the negative impacts it may bring in our body.
It was formulated by a doctor named Steven Gundry, a pediatric heart surgeon and well known advocate for health and wellness. Lectin Shield is being manufactured by the company Gundry MD, along with their other supplemental products such as Vital Reds, PrebioThrive and Primal Plants.
Lectin Shield promises to provide the following health benefits:
- Improves digestion, nutrient absorption and health of the digestive system
- Relieves gastrointestinal problems caused by lectin overload such as: bloating, gas, indigestion, constipation, diarrhea, acid reflux, leaky gut syndrome etc.
- Gives protection for the thyroid, skin, & joints
- Curbs frantic food cravings and also helps to assist with healthy weight
- Promotes healthy circulation and regularity
- Boost the immune system enhancing the overall health and wellness of the body
The natural components used in this formula:
- Bladderwrack – is a seaweed that provides many health benefits such as treating thyroid problems, heartburn and digestive problems.
- D-Mannose – a type of simple sugar that is said to treat several infections such as UTI and relieves gastrointestinal problems such as diarrhea
- Larch Arabinogalactans – an immune boosting component and helps to promote healthy gut providing protection against the impacts of lecting
- Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM)- this supplement combats inflammation, enhances immunity and boosts energy, and improves gut health
- N Acetyl D-Glucosamine – is a monosaccharide derivative of glucose commonly found in shellfish that strengthens gut linings and shields the digestive system against lectin damage
- Okra Extract – rich in antioxidants and has antibacterial properties minimizing the effects of free radicals
- Sialic Acid (Mucin) – group of sugars that act as a protective barrier against lectins within the digestive pathway
- Sodium Alginate (alginic acid) – it is a polysaccharide derived from brown algae that is used to effectively treat stomach problems associated with imbalance of the acids in our stomach
- Vegetable Peptase – is an enzyme that plays an important role in our digestive tract aiding in digestive processes
The advantages and disadvantages that come with Lectin Shield
This Lectin Shield Review presents the following pros and cons of the product:
- Made in GMP certified facility
- There is a 90 day money back guarantee that comes with every purchase
- Aids symptoms and problems caused by lectin intolerance
- Offers many health benefits
- Ingredients are all natural and safe to consume
- Comes at a high price
- May not be suitable for people who are allergic to shellfish as it has N Acetyl D-Glucosamine content
- Contains high amounts of iodine that may be bad for the thyroid
- May not be effective for everyone
- Results may not be very noticeable
Details about the product
- For optimum results, take four capsules of Lectin Shield a day (take two capsules twice in the two separate biggest meals of the day)
- Best results may be noticeable in the span of 2-3 weeks
- Pricing: One Bottle of Lectin Shield is worth $49.95, Three Bottles is equal to $131.85, and Six Bottles= $239.70
Disclaimers – Could this product be a scam?
There is still insufficient clinical evidence about the harmfulness of lectins to our body and the diseases it might cause. Problems said to be caused by lectin pointed out by the manufacturers of this product such as leaky gut syndrome remains to be a speculation. There is said to be a lot of misinformation and pseudoscience that Gundry spreads to the public such as this, just to persuade people to buy the so called cure they offer for the problems presented.
Some say that worrying about this problem is unnecessary and so as taking supplemental pills combatting lectin, like Lectin shield is just a way of wasting money. However, there are also many positive claims and feedbacks about the amazing results that costumers have come to see with Lectin Shield and also from other products by GundryMD such as; improvement in their digestion, mood, and bowel movement, assisted with their weight and that such product has resolved the digestive issues they were experiencing.
There is still yet little clinical evidence of the efficacy of this product and the benefits it may bring on the other hand. The manufacturers recommend consulting a physician upon taking Lectin Shield supplement especially if one has any medical and health concerns associated.
The bottom line about Lectin Shield
The efficacy and mechanism of how Lectin Shield truly works is still a mystery, as there is not enough information on how it functions to fight off Lectin or its negative effects as an anti-lectin remedy. It may be just another bandwagon in the market that appeals to offer an answer for nonexistent problems, or it may also be an underrated product that can bring wonders and relief to a lot of people suffering from the effects of lectin. Regardless if Lectins and the havoc it brings is only a conspiracy, Lectin Shield still deserves commendation from this Lectin Shield Review for bringing positive changes to the lives of many people.